What is visa?

To enter the Russian Federation you must meet to obtain a visa, which is a permit to travel to, enter and remain in the country. 
Visa exemptions are based on bilateral or multilateral agreements. Russia has agreements with scores of countries whose citizens are either exempt from visa, or can take a visa online. Citizens of countries without such an agreement with Russia must obtain a visa in advance from a Russian diplomatic mission or visa centre.

 From the 1st of October 2019 citizens of 53 countries could use the FREE ELECTRONICAL VISA for coming to Saint Petersburg and Leningrad region. Please check if your country among the LIST.

Some important things about the electronical visa:

  • You can apply for the electronical visa on the site of the Ministery of the Foreign Affairs of Russian Federation

  • You should choose the Saint -Petersburg and Leningrad Region.

  • The allowed period of stay in the Russian Federation of up to 8 days under an e-visa does not imply that one can stay for the entire 192 hours (24 hours multiplied by 8). The period of stay in the Russian Federation always starts at midnight of the day of passage through passport control upon entry regardless of the actual time of passage through passport control.

  • You can fill in an application form for an e-visa on this website not earlier than 20 days and no later than 4 days before the intended date of entry into the Russian Federation.

  • If you apply for e-visa to Saint-Petersburg you could not visit the other regions or cities. 


If you want to take a week course of Russian ( 20 or 30 ac. h) the e-visa is just that you need. But if your plan is to study longer and visit other cities of Russia in this case you need a visa support from our school. 


What visa support could I get?

Travelling to Saint-Petersburg while studying on Zlatoust Language courses you will need a tourist or a student visa or you will need no visa at all. It depends on the country and your nationality.

Please, check your country and the type of visa support here

How could I get a visa to Russia?

Before applying for a visa, a foreigner has to obtain an invitation to Russia from the institution or organization.
The invitation could be for the period from one week up to three months of staying (it based on the agreement between the Russian Federation and the European Community on the facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the Russian Federation and the European Union for persons participating in scientific, cultural and artistic activities, including university and other exchange programs).Please, note that that type of visa ( up to three months) is available only for the EU countries. For other countries we can offer the tourists visa only.  

Step 1: 

Send us the exact dates of your arrival and departure (train tickets, flight tickets) and a copy of your passport. Please, note the visa invitation or the touristic voucher is sent ONLY after signing the contract and fulfilling the payment for the course (it might be a part of your payment).

Step 2: 

After getting the invitation or touristic voucher, apply for a visa at the nearest Russian Consulate or visa center in your country. You could find the list of the required documents and the procedure of applying on the websites of Russian Consulate or visa center.

Please, check the official Russian visa centers in your country here

Step 3:

After applying for a visa, wait untill your visa would be ready. The visa process could take up to 30 days and even more depending on the country and the season, so it is very importain to start it as soon as possible.

After arrival to Saint-Petersburg

In accordance with Russian law, every foreign visitor must be registered at the Migration service within 3 days of their arrival into the Russian Federation (Federal Law of 18 July 2006 No. 109-FZ On migration registration of foreign nationals and stateless persons in the Russian Federation and the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of 15 January 2007 No. 9 On the procedure of migration registration of foreign nationals and stateless persons in the Russian Federation).

What is registration?

Registration is the document that you should always bring with you. You need it in case of emergency, when you are at hospital or go to the doctor, even if you want to read books in The National Public Library.

How could I get a registration?

On your first day at school the administration will need the following documents from you to make the copies:
•   Your passport
(the bio page and the page with your visa stamped).
•   Your migration card (you will get it at the Custom control at the airport). Please, keep the migration card up to end of your staying in Russia! On your way back you will need to return this card to the Custom control.


Kamenoostrovsky prospect 24, office 25 

© Zlatoust 2007-2019